Shady Brook Farm is a staple in the Yardley-Newtown community. I’ve picked up fresh produce, gifts, and gardening items at the farm for years. The experience and atmosphere is far more pleasant than big box stores. During the early days of lockdown I went from liking Shady Brook to loving Shady Brook. I wanted somewhere (anywhere) else to walk around besides our neighborhood block so I would walk around their outdoor garden center looking at the flowers. Shady Brook was my secret mini sanctuary for a few months.
Thankfully, brighter days were ahead and with them came the re-opening of Shady Brook Farm’s events. Our family loves local activities that are fun for both adults and kids. Shady Brook does a great job of throwing awesome festivals and hosting guests of all ages!
This past weekend, we checked out their FallFest which gets bigger and better every year. We went around 5pm to grab dinner and drinks, let the kids play while adults listened to live music, and have some good old fashion fall fun!
FallFest this year includes:
Eerie Illuminations Light Show is the highlight of FallFest. The 20 minute wagon ride takes you through Halloween lights dancing to festive music. There are no live characters so it’s perfect for all ages. Don’t worry if you see a long line, they have so many wagons moving through the experience that the wait was short.
Live Music on the weekends features local bands. There are cozy fire pits around the mainstage with plenty of space to grab a drink and listen to the music while kids play on the huge playground or jump on the pillow.
Sunflower, Pumpkin, and Apple Picking are available while supplies last during the day. We LOVE the sunflower fields (if you can’t tell by the featured photo on this blog!) They also have these items available in their market or as you exit the festival. We picked up a pumpkin on our way out.
Other activities include:
- Five acre corn maze
- Barnyard animals
- Games (roller ball, basketball throw, wall ball and more!)
- Spooky barns without live actors
- Perfect fall photo spots like the oversized swing
- Pedal go carts
- Multiple food and drink carts
- Private fire pits by reservation
The Details: Get tickets here!
- WEEKDAYS: $12 online, $15 onsite (weekend hours start on Fri @ 4pm)
- WEEKENDS: $20 online, $25 onsite (weekend hours start on Fri @ 4pm)
- Tickets are sold by arrival time. Once you are there you are welcome to spend as much time as you like until close.
- Eerie Illuminations (included in ticket price) opens at dusk on Oct 1-3, 8-10, 15-17, 21-24, 28-30