Sunday is the one morning where we don’t rush breakfast and start the day a notch slower. This has become one of our favorite family Sunday breakfasts before church and Sunday activities.
- Dave’s Killer Bread (We love Cinnamon Raisin for French Toast)
- The brand of bread seems expensive but its the most delicious sliced bread. I didn’t tell Chris I switched brands and he had a bite and immediately said, “This bread is delicious”. It passed the blind test.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 C. Milk (I don’t really measure so this is a guess)
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- zest of 1-2 clementines or oranges
- EGG MIX – Combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and zest. Stir to combine. I like mine not fully incorporated- just enough so yolk and whites swirl. Turn the griddle on so it has time to heat up!
- DIP BREAD – Dip the bread on both sides into the egg mixture. Let it sit for a few seconds so it soaks up the goodness.
- GRILL – Place a pat of butter on the griddle. Add the dipped bread. Cook 2-3 mins per side until its nice a crispy on the outside.
- SERVE – We love this french toast with blueberries, a light dusting of powdered sugar, and syrup for dipping!
2 thoughts on “Sunday Morning French Toast”
I know you are anticipating new Moms ; but this Mom of young adults wanted to say I just made French Toast ironically. I also recently discovered the bread of which you speak; we like it and I heard it’s healthy. I think a blind test with new products is a good idea. Today I used leftover bread from Rosalie’s for French Toast. It’s a good idea to not end up wasting bakery loaves .
I read Dave’s Bread is healthy as well. It tastes too good to be healthy but I’ll take it. Such a good idea to use leftovers!