From prep to table in 30 minutes. Here is one of my quick and delish recipes that has made our rotation!
- 1 lbs ground meat (chicken, pork, beef – your choice!)
- 1 Zucchini (sliced thin- bite size)
- 2-3 Carrots (sliced thin- bite size)
- 1 tbsp minced Ginger (pre baby – I did this myself, post baby – I buy the jar)
- 3-4 Scallions (sliced and separated)
- 1/2 C. Panko
- 3/4 C. Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 C. Brown Rice
- 1 Lime (Quartered)
- Sriracha to taste
- RICE – Combine rice and 1 1/2 C. water in a pot. Add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce to low. (15-18 min)
- PREP MEATBALLS – While the rice cooks, combine ground meat, panko, ginger, scallion whites, 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce, S&P. Form into 1/2 inch balls.
- VEGGIES – Heat oil in a large pan, add the zucchini and carrots with a pinch of S&P. Cook a few minutes until tender. Move the veggies to a bowl and drizzle the sesame oil.
- COOK MEATBALLS – Using the same pan, heat more oil if needed. Add the meatballs. Turn them every 2 mins until browned. Then add the remaining Teriyaki Sauce to the pan. Cover and simmer on low for 5-8 mins.
- PLATE – In a bowl add rice, veggies, and meatballs. Spoon extra sauce. Add sriracha, lime juice, green part of scallions to taste.